Born 1999 Birth Year
Vintage Nineties Tees and Hoodies for Everyone born 1999
You were born in 1999. Were you born in the nineties? You may not remember life before technology. And, it is possible that you may not even know what a landline is. You were, most likely, born into technology.
- You are technically a Millennial.
- This is when the original fidget spinner came out.
- Pokémon, Gameboy and Nintendo 64 were all the rage.
- And, remember POGs, Zoobooks, Tamagotchi and Fruit Rollups?
- Bill Clinton was President of the United States.
- The nineties saw the first cloned sheep.
- The Rachel, Jennifer Anniston’s hair style was all the rage.
- The 90’s also saw Pixar’s Toy Story released which revolutionized animated films.
- These were the years of grunge, Blink 182 skater punk music, gansta rap and the Spice Girls.
- Major League Baseball went on Strike and the World Series was cancelled.
- These were the television years of Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Wings and The Nanny.
- The Sony PlayStation was the top selling game console. Super Mario Brothers and Lara Croft, Tomb Raider were the 90s games to play.
- And, let’s not forget Goosbumps by R.L Stine. We also saw Terminator 2, Shakespeare in Love, Twister, Jurassic Park, Pretty Woman, The Sixth Sense, Titanic, Mission Impossible and The Matrix.
What was going on in 1999?
Family Guy debuted on Fox. This is the first time a hot air balloon went around the earth successfully. The Matrix became one of the biggest blockbuster of all time. Wayne Gretzky retired from the National Hockey League, SpongeBob SquarePants premiered on Nickelodeon and the first female cadet graduates from The Military College of South Carolina. Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace is released and Napster started the music downloads business. Microsoft released MSM Messenger and Grand Theft Auto is released in the game world as the first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean reaches her destination Guadeloupe. NASA launched the Terra platform into orbit and Tomb Raider; The Last Revelation is released as well as Prince’s 1999 song, Fight Club, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare movie comes out.
If you were born in the year 1999, your age could be 18 or 19, depending on the month you were born in.